Monday 2 September 2013

Mark the Season !!!

Is it summer now in your country? Or is it spring? Well, I never been to countries with 4 seasons yet. But who says Malaysia do not have season. Don't uolls know that Malaysia has seasons too. Let me tell you. Now, it's the rambutan, mangosteen and durian season. Don't heh, okay? It's also a season. right?

To all fruits' lovers, including me, now is the time to release your cravings. I think I eat a variety of fruits compare to vegetables. I love watermelon, mind you,  the yellow ones because they are sweeter and also papaya. To add to the list, I also enjoy mangosteen and also rambutan.

A nice white surrounded with purple

Hairy fruit
 
To satisfy my cravings, I bought 3 kilos of "pokok nyo" at the market yesterday
after searching for it high and low...
 
As far as I know, there's three types of rambutan here. There's "anak sekolah", "pokok nyo" and "gula batu". Mine favorite is the "pokok nyo" because the flesh is a little harder than "anak sekolah". Besides, it's harder to find too and is a little pricey compare to "anak sekolah". You'll know I don't lie when you tasted both rambutans.
 
Not forgetting, the King of all fruits, the DURIAN! Yeah, some may not love the smell but once you taste it, you'll crave for more.
 
 
There are many types of durians out there. There's the Musang King, D24, "Udang Merah" (Red Prawn) and many more. The price are also vary. Musang King, for now can be bought at RM 18 per kilo. A durian at least weighed 2 kg. Despite it's a little pricey, there's still lovers out there that are willing to pay for it. So I conclude there's something in there that keep that coming for it.
 
Even thou there's lots of durians out there, a result of biotechnology, the stinky smell of durians remains. Perhaps that is what make a durian unique. It's smell. For me, I love those creamy sweet one and avoid those bitter with hard flesh. The one thing that I have when buying is always smell. Use your sense of smell to smell out the yellowish creamy flesh!
 
This reminds me whenever I went back Popo's hometown. I love plucking the fruits fresh from the stalk! And during durian season, you can collect fresh durian under a durian tree. Feeling happy surrounded with fruits!
 
Honeydew and rock melon are also in the list together with banana. There are lots of different banana and I only prefer the 'lemak manis' which can only found in Terengganu and also Kelantan. There's the lemak (creamy) and sweet taste in it which make them special. Well in KL or other places, you can only find the big and thick banana. The total opposite.
 
My FAV <3
 
Those found in the supermarkets. Yucksss
 
This is the time where people can obtain cheap rambutans and mangosteens in the market. I do also notice that durian production is very good this year. Few days ago, I bought 3 durians for RM 5. Well, season pass fast so don't waste your time in front of the computer. Get change and go out to have some fruits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment