Friday 20 September 2013

中秋節快乐


Happy Mid-Autumn Festival aka Moon cake Festival (中秋節快乐). I don't much about the origin of this festival. I just know on this very day we eat moon cakes and play lanterns under a very round and bright moon.

Perhaps this help
 
Last year, at this very day, the 15th day of the 8th month according to the Chinese lunar calendar, I was still in KL, staring at children playing lanterns and eating moon cakes with their families. To say that I don't miss home, it's a lie. I miss home very much and I wanted to eat moon cakes very much too. Wanted to buy one moon cake just for the celebration but then it's to expensive. So forget about it.
 
This year, I'm at home. So, after dinner, we sat down, enjoyed our moon cake and played lanterns. So happy. Hahaha..
 
That is a bull !! =P
 
Actually, nothing happen. Nothing special. The day goes on as normal. I don't like to eat moon cake. Mum was busy watching her drama. Niki was in school. Bloody Kevin was playing his computer games. Then I just remember, it's Mid-Autumn Festival wor. This maybe the last one which I get to celebrate with them. After this I will continue my studies ma, so don't know when can celebrate together again.
 
Asked Mum for lanterns and a camera. Washed my oily fringe. Asked Brenda and Eric to go change. Off we go to the backyard!
 
 
 
Preparing my props
Use the so called "Christmas" tree to hold the lanterns
 
 
My models for the night!
Brenda and Eric
 
I took both their pictures very nice hor. But when reach mine turn, it's a disaster. So this proves that I'm a better photographer than them.
 
Jacky !
He too wants to take a photo
 
A selfie of me !!
 
 
I feel like I'm lacking a lot on Chinese history. I can't find a logic explanation to why people play lanterns on mid-Autumn festival. So don't ask me.
 
I find this very interesting to me.
-> This afternoon the lights men came to do all the wiring for the walls. Two men. They entered thru the back door. Upon seeing them, Tiger was barking. Quickly, they ran out (lari lintang-pukang) of the house. On trying to save themselves, they still managed to get hold of the asbestos and close the gate. Then Popo: "Anjing tu kena tambat" (The dog is tied up) I guess that word from Popo assure them to not be afraid.

This may not be funny to you guys but I still laugh every time I told others. I find it very amusing. This shows that people are very afraid of the dog. That is only the sound of barking. Haven't meet eyes to eyes. So at least I feel secured that strangers won't dare to enter my house.
 
 I feel it's a waste to not camwhore with the beautiful, round moon tonight. However, I managed to get this......

 
I'm not praising him, or maybe I am. I always love how Xiao Ai pose for the camera. Elegant with high chest pose. And he never fails. He shall be the next Boo ! Shall polish more of his posing skills. Perhaps, one day, he can walk down the runway with Tyra Banks !

Our unsuccessful attempts in getting Xiao Ai to pose for the camera



Xiao Ai wishes everyone 中秋節快乐 !!
 
Thanks for reading this entry !
 
p/s: If you're wondering where's the moon cake, too bad there's none.

No comments:

Post a Comment