Wednesday 11 September 2013

Headache

I still think why I so 'ke-poh' go let the dogs out. At first, I just want to let all the dog out so they can finally have a good run in the evening. My dogs are let out only at night at our backyard except Xiao Ai which we put him at the car porch. Xiao Ai is left freely to roam the entire house except upstairs and bedrooms.

I figured since tomorrow Kiko is going for her spaying early in the morning, so I better let her out running and take in all the positive energy. Everything turns out well at the first 10 minutes. Chaos started when Jacky, an old Labrador start to push the temporary asbestos that is used to close space for the back door to the beach. Soon then, Lucky, a 7 y/o Golden Retriever followed. I push him away from the asbestos using my feet when suddenly Tiger started to attack him.

I was terrified thou it happen numerous of time already. Quickly, my maid came to help me and soon followed by my mother who was currently watching her Taiwanese drama at that time. Pulling them both apart and splashing water no longer works. Things got pretty bad when Tiger started to bite the maid that was trying to pull them apart at that time.

Lucky is badly injured right now, mostly at the ear area. I don't know why Tiger keep attacking the ear part. Can't seem to have an answer right now. Tiger, on the other hand has no injury at all. I'm starting to worry as the maid and Xiao Ai were bitten in the process.

Lucky's body are all purple due to the spraying
 
It happens few times already and I think I know why. They kinda fighting for my attention. Before this, I remember I was patting Tiger when Lucky started to make growling sound. Seconds later, Tiger's teeth is at Lucky's throat.

It all started to be this violent when Kiko is in her heat last month. Back then, my maid went back her home town so I'm in charge of the feeding. It always happen when Lucky is trying to smell Kiko's butt. Stupid boy! What is there to smell at someone butt? They often fight at night. Since it's blurr and I check there's no injury, I don't bother to look any further. That is where everything goes wrong. Lucky started to have maggots. After almost 3 weeks of continuous mediation, he finally recover. So I take extra precaution after that.

Back to today, Mum started saying that Tiger is out of control and I should think of a way to settle it as we do not want him to kill people in future. It may happen right? The other option I was left with is EUTHANASIA! And there's no way I would kill him.

I meant thou I'm not as close to Tiger as I am with Xiao Ai but I still love him dearly. Xiao Ai, Kiko and Tiger are like my child. I was the one that bring them to the family and be with them even thou a while for Tiger and Kiko case. Still, I love them. I'm like their mummy.

When Tiger first came.
Such a cutie.
 
What should I do now?? At this point, Mum is really afraid that Tiger would kill people one day based on how he react today. It would be sad to euthanatize him. He's only one plus not an old sick dog. Hey, I'm not saying you should euthanatize old, sick dog. Make that clear! I'm just saying that he's fit and healthy so why should I kill a healthy dog.

Maybe I should Google out to see if others have the same problem and if it has any solution to this kind of situation. Euthanasia would be the very very last option. I still love him and want to have him with me for many many more years to come. As for now, the only solution I can think of is to have him spayed to reduce him possessiveness. As for how it works on his hormone and behavior later on, I'm not sure.

Is the name 'Tiger' that bring out all the possessiveness?
 
Any of dog owners here that have the similar problem? Share some thoughts with me please?

Thanks for hearing this fat girl complaining her day! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment