Monday 2 September 2013

The cute,fluffy and adroable lil' creatures

Besides dogs, there's also a spot in my heart dedicated to RABBITS! Yup. The cute fluffy lil' creatures! God really put all his effort and time in creating this adorable creatures.

It started few years back when I was around 14 years old during December school holidays! I had wanted a pet rabbit since small. Being the pampered child among all, of course my uncles bought me rabbits a few times. But then it was always either the rabbit runs away or get bitten by our dog.

So it was that month when my sister said her friend's uncle rear rabbits and the rabbits gave birth a lot. So I was asking whether can her friend give us a pair? Joy came when my sister's friend agreed!

There's always bad news after good news. Le Mum doesn't not allow us to have the rabbits. The biggest myths behinds rabbits is their poop and urine smell. Being the lil' devil, I tried to persuade Mum in every way I can. I'm the master of PERSUASION! Finally Mum agreed!

I can still remember clearly that it was almost night when we arrived my sister friend's house. She approached us with a shoe box. Can you imagine? In the lil shoe box, there's two cute fluffy lil' rabbits in there. My heart melts! I guess this is what they called as "Love at First Sight".

This is one of the pair, named Angelina. Of course with Anglina, we had Brad but then it seems that I don't have a picture of Brad as Brad only lives with us a few days before escaping. When we found Brad, he can barely survive the night due to the rain!
 
We then went back to my sister's friend and get another rabbit for Angelina which is then named Joe. We kinda avoid to use the same name twice as each rabbit bring different memories back!
 
Hi, Joe!
 
After that, the passion for rabbit expand. Over the past 5 years, there had been good and bad memories in between with each rabbit come and go. One thing for sure is that, each left memories in me. I do learn a lot from them. Love is universal!
 
This is just some of it
 
There's just lots of rabbits over the years. One of the best memories is with Ah Boon. The name "Ah Boon" actually comes from a friend who have two toys that are named "Ah Boon & Ah Beng". So it kinda match. Ah Beng would be the one on the on the upper left from the picture above.
 
Here's Ah Boon
 
He's a very active bunny. He often sneaked out of his cage and went to the kitchen begging for carrots. It's a loss for us here when he's dead due to my careless for not locking the garden cage properly. Dogs sneaked in at night and 3 lives gone. For his cheerfulness, I shall remember him forever....
 
A lop called Ah Lian
 
 
Picture taken a few days after we have her
 
She's my first lop ear bunny, bought at a pet shop with RM 60. Her cuteness is often mistaken for her to be as cute as a puppy. She left us due to mites. That is a lesson learnt to never delay a vet visit.
 
 
Lily is her name!
 
 
 

Last picture of her
 
This was taken few days before we loss her due to flood last December after a year with her. Miss her terribly.
 
 There's always rainbow after rain. Here's all my grandchildren by Ah Beng, the best mommy!
 
 
 

 
 
My very first of survival litter
 
 
 
 


The smallest in this second litter
 
 
There's always a mischievous one
 
 
A New Year bunnies
 
 
Last litter in the year 2012- December
 
The last litter for now.
 
There's four in the litter. Unfortunately, we lost 2 due to the haze and heat earlier this year. So we were only left with two. However, I only have this one with me. One given away. ='(
 
I would honestly say that many object this hobby of mine and one of the most objection comes from Mum herself. As we go on, she finally learnt to accept and love them as well. Believe it or not, my first litters ( does not survive) was noticed by Mum herself.
 
Deep down, I want to thanked every one of them for being there in my life!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment