Thursday 5 September 2013

Chicken w Salted Egg Yolks

I'm a girl of my words. As promised, here's what me and Popo cooked for lunch yesterday.
 
 
 
Ingredients:
  • 400 g chicken (chopped into pieces)
  • 2 salted egg yolks (steamed till cooked, cut into small pieces)
  • 2 tbsp. margarine
  • 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
  • cili padi (diced)
  • 1 sprig curry leaves (discard stalk)
 
Marinade
  • 1 tbsp. light soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 4 tbsp. tapioca flour
  • Dash of pepper
  • A little water
 
Method:
  1. Mix chicken meat with marinade for about 30 minutes and deep-fry in hot oil till golden. Remove and drain off excess oil.
  2. Heat wok with butter. Add in garlic, cili padi, curry leaves and salted egg yolks. Fry till well-combined.
  3. Add in chicken and mix well. Dish up and serve hot.
 
I was at the market with Mum buying fresh salted eggs when the seller taught us how to identified good and bad eggs. Apparently, we gotta shake the eggs. If you can feel the yolks moving, then it's a good eggs. Frankly speaking, I dunno if that's the right way.
 
And before serving, I noticed there's a lot of excess oil. So in future, please do drain off the excess oil before serving.
 
Overall, I would rate this 9 out of 10 because while Popo was putting in the salted egg yolks, the hot oil was splashing out on me and it HURTS!
 

 

 
 
P/s: I don't bother decorating coz it's gonna enter the stomach anyway. As long as it taste good, I believe no one will bother the lack of decorating part.
 
Happy experimenting!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment