Tuesday 10 September 2013

Small + Love = Small Love

Small love? Who would want small love? Everyone is greedy so for sure they want BIG love. But me here, am satisfied with small love.

Here's my small love.
 
A picture of him at 6 weeks
 
Small love is a direct translation form Chinese which is Xiao Ai (小爱). He's a Standard Poodle which was born on 19 January 2012 and was adopted by the Chiok at 28 February 2012. Since then, he's a part of us all.
 

The very first night of his arrival
 
So small in my arms
 
Here's the start of a journey to meet a Superdog!
 
Xiao Ai was bought from KL, a person named Mr Choo at around RM 1000. Actually, at first when I saw the adv online, I was not into it. I'm came across lots of scam during my free time browsing through Mudah.my, 88db and many more.

It was January that time after I finished my major exam that year. I'm getting fed up of life. Since small, I've been taught to study hard and get good results! I've never actually thought what I want to do with my life. After the major exam and while waiting for my results to be out, I felt as if
Life is meaningless! Everyday sit in front of the computer with every minute keep refreshing Facebook page.
 
Since I love pets so much, I actually sat in front of the computer hours daily browsing the net to just take a look at all those sellers selling their "PRODUCTS". Somehow, I learnt how to identified the fake and real, sincere sellers. And it was that very one day that I managed to stumble across this very particular advertisement that was about Standard Poodle. Hope came upon me as it is very rare here in Malaysia to find a SP. All we have here is the mini size of Poodle which is the Toy Poodle. Deep down, I'm telling myself there's no way people selling Standard Poodle puppies. It must be either a scam or a toy sized Poodle.

I actually ignored the adv. Few days later, I actually told Niki about my newly found addiction coz everyday I would open the page to just view the photos of the puppies. On top of that, I'm actually daydreaming too coz I do all my research about the breed's behavior, temperament, health issue and many more as if I'm getting the dog for real.
 
Niki actually caught me again so I told her everything and she said, "We just gotta have the dog. It's a Standard Poodle we're talking here. Not any ordinary dog. How much is that dog? I'm just gonna pay for the dog!" At that time, I was also in love with Husky. So after discussing with Mum because at that time, our Border Collie, Cindy just left us after 12 years and we were left with old dogs that are incapable of barking, I told Mum that I wanted to buy a dog and train it before going to college.
 
After days of continuous convincing, Mum finally agreed. It was a step to finally achieve a dream of having a Standard Poodle. We often see in cartoons and movies how graceful is a Standard Poodle. So we're excited!
 
The cartoon version
 
So I contacted Mr Choo and negotiate for the price and the transportation for him to send the puppy all the way to Kuala Terengganu. A total of 8 hours journey from KL to my hometown by car. I do not do quick decision. I asked Mr Choo everything I had to know and all the vaccination given. I also make sure that I have the right dog. I also managed to get him to snap a photo of the pup's father and mother to make sure it is a Standard Poodle. We definitely do not want a Standard Poodle to end up becoming a Toy Poodle.
 
Daddy
 

Mommy
 
So, we're getting a puppy!! But then can you blame me for not trusting Mr Choo again. It's all online. What if I banked in almost 1k to just got cheated. We both tui e pu and I only paid half. The other half I'll bank in after receiving the dog. Quickly I banked in the money and there you go...
We had a puppy on the way! I really had to thank Mr Choo for just picking up the right pup for us. All those transitions were only done through e-mails and phone calls. I really put all my trust in him to just give us a loving dog! As I recalled, I only told him I want a male. Colors doesn't matter as the litters had only cream and brown red. We will just love the pup dearly no matter what color it is. Love is much more beyond that!
Reading all those articles online on how to train the puppy, the right training, I am proud to say that I am the trainer! I trained Xiao Ai since he was 3 months every night with simple commands like 'Sit', 'Hand', 'Down', 'Bark' and also 'Jump'. Each time he managed to master one command, I'm satisfied and contented. Thou it is a long journey but the outcome is truly amazing. He has becoming part of us that even the lady boss love him dearly.
 
Xiao Ai is very special for every of us here in the house. He listen to commands in English, Mandarin and surprisingly Hokkien too. He's too clever on his own. And the one thing that makes him more unique is that he loves playing the game of Throw and Catch. I noticed that my two Danes do not fetch the Frisbee I threw. Only Xiao Ai did and come back to you, putting the Frisbee near your leg. Such a cutie. So that is the reason why he has lots of toys at home while others have none. His toys are mostly from Daiso at RM 5 or my DIY project. Nevertheless of the price, he loves all of them.
 
 
My boy and his Daiso toy at RM 5
 
With his 'candy'.
A ball wrapped in jeans
 
DIY a soft bone for him to chew on
 
A recycled tennis ball
 
We would never know where his habit of playing ball come from. But since arrived, we made a toy out of the Pop bottle filled with beans in it for him to play with.
 
For years to come, may Xiao Ai live happily with us and be healthy always. I just can't imagine a life without him in it. If wishes can come true, my second wish will be that Xiao Ai will live forever. For sure, we cannot stop nature for taking place. Till end, we shall just cherish our moments with him!
 
My Uncle often joke that if a person is willing to buy Xiao Ai for a ten thousand, would I sell him? My answer is NO! There's something far more important than money which is love and trust. If you got so much money, go buy urself 10 Standard Poodle la. Don't take mine. He's not for sale! I believe he's one in the million and is unreplacable.

Me and my 6 month old boy
Here are some of Xiao Ai's pictures from small till the current one... May Xiao Ai brighten your day with his innocent and cuteness as he brightens our life with his presence.  
 
 
At 5 months old
 
 
Mind the styling ya' as we do our grooming ourself.
That explain why Xiao Ai often has different look.
Hahaha
 
His signature smile
 
 
Oh no! Haircut again!
 
 
 
A very photogenic dog
 
 
 
 
 Woff Woff !!


No comments:

Post a Comment