Friday 11 October 2013

Oink Oink Burger

If Asians  made burgers...

 
If Japanese made burgers...
 
Teriyaki Burger | Easy Japanese Recipes at JustOneCookbook.com
Credit to JustOneCookBook
 

If I made burger...



Everyone loves burgers whether it's MacDonald's GCB or KFC's Zinger Burger or even burgers from small stalls beside the road.

Since these past few weeks, when I can't sleep or when I don't blog, I went blog jumping. I love to go through different recipes from all over the world. In my point of view, those foods reflects different culture and maybe the cook's personality. This is one of the many recipes from JustOneCookBook that caught my attention. It's the Teriyaki Beef Burger.

And since I don't eat beef for religious or beliefs, I made some modifications to the recipe. Well me and my siblings also do not eat vegetables. It's nothing but we hate the taste of it. But certain vegetables like cabbage, salad and cucumber are tolerable.

Pork Burger
Ingredients:
  • Burger buns - mine is from Ramly
  • 400g of minced pork - w/ little amount of fats
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. pepper
  • an egg (optional)
Method:
1. Mix in minced pork, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl.
2. Divide the minced pork into 4 portions.
3. Using an egg rig, mould the minced pork into patties.
4. Fry the patties in a pan with margarine.
5. Serve the burger with teriyaki sauce, egg, or even vegetables.

*Original recipe of Beef Teriyaki Burger can be obtained here.

I've always love to cook but I love to eat more. There's always a time that I went thru recipes that need ingredients that I may not use much in other recipes. Mum often complain when I bought those not-really-important-but-important ingredients. As for now, I have a bottle of unsed mustard and Worcestershire sauce on the shelf. It's only time for Mum to shout at me. Again.

So when I found this particular recipe to make Teriyaki sauce, I was on cloud nine. At least with this recipe I can less buy one instant made Teriyaki sauce. Save money. And it's not that difficult to make either. However, when I first mixed the ingredients, I was confused as according to the recipe, 'soya sauce' is needed. What I'm questioning is, "Is it dark soya sauce or light soya sauce?". Then I actually made 2 different sauce. Still feeling uncertain, I googled to read more on Teriyaki sauce like how it taste and recipes form others. But then it seems like everyone also put "soya sauce" only.

The recipe also need mirin, something which I do not have at home nor have taste or see before. According to my research, it's a wine, something like Chinese rice wine with a sweeter taste. So it's logical to replace a mirin with sugar.

Believed that it suppose to be a thick and sweet sauce, I continued with DARK soya sauce. The one which is more thicken.

Teriyaki sauce
Ingredients:
  • 4 tbsp. dark soya sauce
  • 4 tbsp. mirin (I replaced it with 3 tbsp. sugar)
  • 2 tbsp. sugar (still adding this thou I've already add 3 tbsp. sugar)
  • 2 tsp corn starch
  • 2 tbsp. water
*Original recipe of Teriyaki sauce can be obtained here.

My first homemade Teriyaki sauce.
I noticed that the sauce thickens as time passes.
So it's best to not add so much corn flour in it when cooking.
 

So here's my very own version of Teriyaki Pork Burger.

#FirstLayer Burger bread
#SecondLayer Tomato sauce
#ThirdLayer Egg
#FourthLayer Pork patties
#FifthLayer Teriyaki sauce
#SixthLayer Burger bread
 
 
Thanks for reading
&
Good Morning from Malaysia.
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment