Thursday 31 October 2013

Going Deaf!

In less than 12 hours, we, Malaysians are going in the new month. N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R  a month that signify new beginning for me. The month that I was brought to the world. And I have this just one entry that is due before end of October. Keep it determined and let's work on it. I tried to put everything and events together so in future, I can see back all those wonderful yet silly memories in my life. Tired to not delayed it so I won't forget what actually happen during the period of time. This makes everything much more memorable. I guess I will not be afraid if one day I have Alzheimer's disease. There's this blog to remind me of everything.

25 October 2013 - Friday

A weekend here meant to be spent with families and friends. If last week or last two week, we attend a function for raising money for the school, this time round, Mum was given two tickets to a Karaoke night. Nope. We don't sing but it's more like a Singing competition and we're giving tickets to 'wak merioh' or 'chao re nao' or cheers for the participants.

 
Nah... I don't really listen to those singing. I paid more attention on the food. Yummy!! First, I don't understand what they're trying to sing coz all they sing is Hokkien song. It's true that I'm a pure Hokkienese but nah, I don't like Hokkien song. "Wa bo sukak lu ei cho hamik." "Chiak pa boi." Secondly, the speakers were on a little too loud that I almost thought I've went deaf. Super loud that it makes my ears hurt every time I laid down on the bed. At a point, I was about to go for a check up.
 
A messy hair picture of me!
 
Having messy hair or beach kind of hair kind of in the trend these days right? So I don't really bother to keep my hair neat. When Mum complained, all I said is, "Messy is kinda sexy what?" Hahaha~ I always find it difficult to find the perfect dress to these kind of function. I meant, of course, Mum wouldn't let me go with a Tee and a jeans. And I don't think my closet have that lots of dress. I'm not the girly kind. All I have most is jeans and tees. Beside, having a chubby body also add into it. Find it hard to find suitable, nice dresses.
 
 
Desperation eat out if me when I went thru Tigress's closet to find this nice dress. The problem is it's too short to wear out like this. So I par it with a jeans thou tights seem to fit better. Arghh. To lazy to find a suitable tights. Anyway, I super love this dress!! Super comfy!
 
We went there, SJKC Chung Hwa Wei Sin at 6.30 in the evening thou the function begin at 7.30. Mum's afraid that there's will be no place to park the car. And it happens that there's so much parking lots coz there's are only 12 tables that night. Hahaha. Saw Darunee there, working. The worst part is Mum kept seeing my friend the whole night and asking me weird things about her. -___-
 
#ThingsIDoWhenImBored
Like a little child, I played with the toothpick to keep me entertain
Well, not for long
=.=
 
Then persuade Mum to take photos with me!
YAY!!
\(^_^)/
 
The whole night flew by
EATING !!
 

Fake shark fin
 
People just gonna understand that eating shark fin soup is a mandatory in every Chinese functions or dinner. It actually represents the host's wealth or how extravagant the function is. Since shark fin is being ban, so restaurants these days tend to replace shark fin with 'tang hoon', a transparent noodle like thingy. It's just like shark fin la. Or maybe they do put shark fin in there but in smaller amount. Like 10% only?
 
In every function dinner, I always look forward to this lil present on the menu.
It's glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf.
*thumbs up
 
Here comes the Prawn Queen
 
Whoa!
I actually ate a total of 5 big prawns that night.
Thanks to all those uncles and aunties that are afraid to raise their cholesterol levels
 
And while I was eating, Stupid Tigress tag me on Instagram with the caption,
" @karenchiok thank you. You are so kind just to leave all this to me #nofilter "
=.=
Both papaya lovers, me and her =(
 
And all the eating ended when this cute lil fella is served
Feeling bad to eat this.
The bunny is sho sho cute~
 
Overall the food that night was nice compare to the ones in the fund raising function.
It explain coz it's brought here from Selangor.
So to those having similar function like this,
 
Have them!!
 
They even have package ready to suit your preference
 
Ring them !!
Without nice food, no matter how extravagant is your wedding dinner etc,
it would left bad impression to the guest
 
Can't get enough of the dress.
So before returning it back to Tigress,
time to CAMWHORE!
 
^_^
 
XOXO~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment