Monday 14 October 2013

Grandma's Steamed Pandan Cupcake

As promised.

Here's a recipe on my Grandma's Steamed Cupcake.

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 12 tbsp. wheat flour
  • 12 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp 'Pandan' coloring
Method:
1. Sieve the flour into a bowl.
2. Combine the eggs and sugar in another bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
3. After beating, add in the 'Pandan' coloring followed by the flour.
4. Mix well and add into paper cups.
5. Steamed for about 10-15 minutes.

Thou it's look not green but after steamed, the color is just fine
 
Yuh-mmmmy !!
 
(Mama's recipe s 6:6:6 using the small pouring rim)
 
It's good to have both Grandmas having different specialty. Grandma from Mum's side is more to the baking while Popo is more to everyday dishes. And I get the best of two !! How wonderful..
 
Mum finds it funny cox whenever bot of them decide to cook something, I'll run to the cupboard to get a piece of paper and pan before returning to their side, sitting there, watching carefully and note everything down. Mum asked why I don't filed every recipes I collected. I guess the answer is pretty easy. Books can be burned, misplaced or even torn apart over the years while the blog will be here forever (I hope) even if I forget my password. This way my grandchildren, great grandchildren or even great great grandchildren can still have them. Ahaha ! I think this is the best.
 
And to the cupcake, I find it better by adding fillings like Peanut Butter and also Nutella. Adding a tsp in each cup after pouring batter half full will do. Add another half full of batter to cover the filling up later on.
 
This only takes us less than an hour. It's super duper easy yet delicious. Can be eaten for breakfast or teatime. Fat Eric even brings them to school.
 
Thanks for dropping by.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment