Saturday 30 November 2013

Pork Porridge

So how long is it that I haven't update anything about recipes? Gosh. Feels like it's centuries ago. Since I don't really eat anymore, I don't bother to go flicking thru recipes books and websites. What's the purpose of only seeing and cannot eat? Make me dying with hunger only. The weird obsessions that I have during my diet plan is that I tend to watch more of Masterchef Season 4 on the televisions. I find it weird cox I can watch and don't feel hungry or wanting to find food and eat. I think the latest episode aired on Astro Channel 711 is ep 24. The last 3. Luca, Natasha and the blond girl whom I can't remember her name at this moment. Jessica or Jennifer. Don't know which one.

I've promised this since the last dunno how many entries. PORRIDGE!! Usually no one eats porridge right unless you're sick or something. I would say porridge is not my kinda thing but there are times that I wanna really bad to eat porridge. the best porridge in town? Of course it's from our one and only Masterchef Popo. She made the best pork porridge in town. I love her porridge cox there's sweetness of pork in there. Thinking about the yummy-ness make me salivating here. So here's our version of Pork Porrige!!

*Note here that I'm on my diet so I've used brown rice to replace the normal ones.

Pork Porridge
Ingredients:
  • I cup of brown rice
  • 3 1/2 cups of water
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 tbsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp MSG (optional)
  • Minced pork
Method:
1. Wash the brown rice and put in a pot filled with water.
2. Bring to cooked. You know it's cooked when you can't see the seeds of grains. We took almost 50 minutes with brown rice. Popo said it's way faster with the normal rice. So it depends.
3. Pinch in desired amount of minced pork into the pot.


Just pinched in the pork, rolled a little and throw it in the boiling pot

4. Add in salt and sugar to taste. Wait for another 20 minutes for the pork to fully cooked. Add in water if it's too dry to your liking.
5. Dish and served!

(Best eaten with dash of pepper or light soya sauce on the porridge right before eating)

Yummy !!!

I guess its the same with all. It depends on whether you want it pork, chicken, beef or fish. It would be much nicer and yummy with ginger, spring onion for dressing and salted egg but this is our version here as the kids all hate ginger!!

Well, all the best !!

No comments:

Post a Comment