Sunday 3 November 2013

Being a Mom to Xiao Ai

The puppy eyes that I can't say no to
 
One may think it's easy to care for furkids. And that is when you're totally wrong. Caring for a furkid is not as easy as it seems and having 5 doggies at home makes the task harder 5x. Xiao Ai, our Standard Poodle is 20 months old now which I considered at his maturity age is nowhere to being easy. He's been with us for almost a year and 8 months. He's always there for me, in sad and happy times. We have this bond that no one can understand. Not even Tigress thou she is the rightful one of him. Xiao Ai, a name given by me. Was too obsessed into Taiwanese drama at that time and the male lead's nickname was Xiao Ai. Thus that lead to the name Xiao Ai.

 
Everyone who heard of Xiao Ai would assume that he's a girl since the name 'Xiao Ai' is more feminine . Nevertheless, me and Tigress think it fit him well. He's more to funky, happy-go-lucky, cheerful and manja kind of dog. The 360 degree turn from Tiger. Tiger is more to the cool kind. Secretly, we think a dog's name reflects the dog's personality. For Tiger, the word 'Tiger' itself makes us fearful and scared. Tiger is more to the cool and quiet type just like a real tiger. Whilst, Kiko is the hyperactive one. Our guess is that every time we called for Kiko, we would called it in a excitement tone.
 
Caring for a dog is not as easy as ABC. Having Xiao Ai have taught me more about dogs. I've learn that after bath, dogs need to be dry off with a hair dryer. It's a must. In the past, I often think that pampered dogs only need hair dryer. But that proves me wrong when Xiao Ai have fever due to the cold. However, you can't really blow dry the dogs with a hair dryer. It makes their fur dry and rough. Personally, I prefer to rub Xiao Ai's fur with towels till dry. I also never knew that one need to clean doggies' ears!! Our vet has taught us very much on caring for dogs and for that we owe him lots.
 
 
Being in a small town, there's only one grooming center here. And being the only one, it must be pricey enough. In addition to that, I even heard rumors that the groomer is very harsh on those dogs. Often enough, there would be a cut or a very traumatic dog coming home after grooming. And from that, I've decided to not sent my Xiao Ai there. I would rather hurt him myself than having others hurt him. Anyway, it's not that hard to have him sit still and have my way. It's easy peasy thou there will always be a day where he decided to go on stubborn mode. Every month or every two month, me and Tigress would trim Xiao Ai's fur by ourself which result in many weird furstyles.
 
Le charming prince !!
 
And today, my mischievous one decided to give me a minor heart attack. He decided to jump into the pond. Well, it's accidentally as he's chasing dragonfly at that time. Nevertheless, the moment my maid shouted that Xiao Ai had fallen into the pond, my heart seems to stop for a moment. I can't imagine my life without him in it thou one day it will happen. But I never thought it would be so fast. The moment I ran out to see him standing proudly in the middle of the pond, a huge wave of relieved came over. Pheww. Was to worried that I have no time to snap pictures.
 
Bad boy !
 
One thing that I can't never understand is Xiao Ai's love on chasing birds or things with wings and his love for toys. So different from Tiger and Kiko. They would be bothered to play throw-&-catch nor waiting for birds. He love being in the garden at the evening, going for bird hunting. He even recognized the word 'birdie'. I would always ask him, "Xiao Ai, got birdie ma?" and he would look up to the sky. Hahaha. So cute. The only explanation I found would be, since Xiao Ai small, we love to make DIY toys for him. Like putting beans into an empty mineral bottle and spin it or often playing throw and catch with Courts Mammoth's pamphlets. Hihihi
 
The wanting to play face
 
Thou I may be a little too young to being a mother, but I guess I'm one to Xiao Ai. This motherly feeling just don't go away. He may be naughty once in a while but he's always there. He's my troublemaker. But I still love him. And I guess this is what every mother in the world feel. No matter how mad you are, you can never be mad for long.
 
My poison, my antidote, my EVERYTHING!
 
Love you, forever and always~


No comments:

Post a Comment