Wednesday 28 August 2013

Evening at the Beach

I was feeling bored today so I decided to bring Xiao Ai to the beach for a walk. Its been a long time. It's not a problem since the beach is only a stone's throw away. I'm proud to say that Terengganu is home to the LONGEST coastlines in Malaysia. The panoramic beaches of Terengganu stretches 224 kilometers from the District of Besut up north to the District of Kemaman in the south, overlooking the South China Sea. 

My very own panoramic view
 
Dad used to bring us to the beach every Friday (FYI, Friday is a weekend here in my hometown) when we were small. But then as we grew up, we are so occupied with tuitions, homeworks and what not everyday. It is also at the beach here that I learned how to catch a crab. You know, that type of clear, transparent crab that can be found along the beach. We're very well mastered in that.


Xiao Ai enjoyed the beach very much as he can run freely and explore new things. Crabs, dead jellyfish and big old logs fascinates him very much so are dumps of plastic that irresponsible people litters. I do admit that even though the beach is only a walk away, I do very seldom bring Xiao Ai to the beach. This is mainly because I'm afraid that sand particles would stick on his fur later on or that his fur would get wet. That would prevent me from bring him into the house. Mum does not want to see her living room full with sand.


It saddens me because Xiao Ai loves to play the Throw and Catch game and the house compound isn't that big for him to run around freely. So we would only throw his freebies nearby. Besides, I am scared of him spraining his leg when running on tiles. I do sound a lot like a worried mother, do I? With that in mind, Xiao Ai's toys are all function to spin in one place. Or something chewable made from cotton and cloth in a shape of a bone. I noticed of all the 5 dogs, only Xiao Ai is interested in toys. Since it is hard to find doggies toy here, we basically DIY them.

One easy one would be putting beans in a bottle container and capped it. It is fun to spin the bottle around as well as shaking it to get attention from the dogs. Another DIY is to make a bone shaped pillow for the dogs to bite on. This helps a lot when puppies are in their teething stage. It keeps all the shoes in tact. A cheap, recycled toy that I found useful even until now is the rolled Courts Mammoth's catalog. In the evening twice a month, there would be someone throwing all those catalogs into the house compounds. Instead of just throwing them in the bin, I used it to play frisbee with Xiao Ai.

Our fun ended after 30 minutes of scrolling by the beach as it was getting crowded with joggers. One threw sand towards Xiao Ai and making silly noises which irritates me to no end. It is very rude to do that. I understand that they are not fond of dogs but making silly noise and throwing sand make you look stupid and ridiculous. Dogs do not chase people for no reason but if you showed signs of scare or was running, they are very like to go after you. At the end, I decided it was enough and went back home to prevent any unwanted incident from happening.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment