Thursday 12 December 2013

Platinum - Bangkok Day 2

Whoa! It's 11/12/13. Once in a century. Bet many couples decided to ties their knots on this day. We, on the other hand decided to go Platinum to shop. Walked and shopped the entire 2nd floor. Platinum has 6 floors all together. First floor up to third floor are all women clothing. Fourth floor is more to men clothing and own-design women clothing whereas fifth floor is for accessories leaving 6th floor for food court. Bought few shirts and dresses for the New Year. Too ad some can't fit in. Sadd. Since you're in a wholesale center, it means that there's difference in price.

Platinum Wholesale Center
The biggest wholesale center to date
 
Lets take this shorts for example
Price for a piece is THB 200
For wholesale it's THB 160
 
It actually depends on the tauke how much piece needed for the wholesale price so one needs to open the mouth and ask. My mouth has been non-stop muttered this few words.
 
"How much?" (one piece)
"Wholesale price?"
"How many piece?"
 
Always packed with buyers
While we're in here, a lady came and warned us that her friend lost her money yesterday.
And asked us to be careful with pickpockets.
They knocked you and the next moment all money were gone.
How nice and kind of her.
 
It seems like the clothes there are bigger now. Mum noticed that too. Did Thai mutated and grow bigger? Hahaha. Kidding. Thai are all small figure with nice body so it pretty difficult to find my size there. Guess I was wrong cox I still managed to find clothes my size. Perhaps it's because of the angmohs. There are lots of angmohs there. The big size are probably for them. We ate lunch at 3 noon at the food court. Mum wanted to finish the whole floor before going to eat so we have to suppress our hunger till 3. While waiting Mum shopped, I was too hungry and I spotted this waffle. Nope. It's not a normal waffle. It's a addicting hot sausage waffle. Super delicious that we ate continuously for the rest of our trip there. It's only THB 15 which probably is around RM 1.60.
 
*cheese
 
 
I don't if this applicable to all food courts in Thailand but I find it funny that you need a coupon in order to purchase food from the food court. In Platinum, it's in a form of card. You top up the card and have it swiped each time you make purchases. They don't accept cash. Fret not coz the card is refundable in case at the end of the day there's still lots of balance.So don't paiseh yourself. In Malaysia, we don't have this. Malaysians are too lazy to go queue to but a card, queue again to buy food and then queue again to refund the card. 
 
Coupon counter in Platinum
 
Mum had her all time Bangkok fav
Rice with Pig's Limb and salted vegie. THB 45
It's really delicious that it has become my fav too
 
Don't blame Mousy for this.
She too hungry.
Her Rice with Crispy Chicken. THB 45
And yeah it's very yummy too
 
Sadly, I don't remember the name of the dish.
It's pork for sure.
It belongs to Tigress.
The color of the sauce scares me.
 
My rice with roasted pork.
The roasted pork was as hard as stone.
So it's a NO!
 
And fresh juice is so expensive there.
You can have another plate of meal.
This mango blend cost me almost THB 40.
We didn't order that again and stuck with our mineral water.
 
No offense but I find this funny
 
And while Mum and Tigress still shopped,
 
Here's the sakai sitting at every corner I can find
 
And with me was obviously Mousy
 
To cut things short, we shopped till 7pm local time there. Mostly, all shopping centers there closed early. As early as 7pm leaving night shopping to the night market. Like the amazing hulks, we ended up carried 4 big bags back to the hotel. All iz satisfied. Back in the hotel, Tigress and I went down to settle the wifi thingy. Thai or just Baiyoke are too stingy with their wifi. You gotta pay for teh wifi. THB 200 per hour. WTF?! In Malaysia, I believe all hotels provide free wifi no matter how lao beh is the hotel. Marketing strategy. Learn that, Baiyoke Suite! As for dinner, me and mum tao pao back food from 53 Restaurant nearby. It used to be just a restaurant but now it has become a hotel too. How kewl.
 
Salted fried rice THB 100
 
Fried sesame chicken. Around THB 80. Don't remember
 
This is far the best.
Fried Rice with crab.
Usually we won't to able to taste the crab meat at all but this
you can see pieces and pieces of crab meat in there.
Delicious food comes with a price. THB 140
 
My fav buy for the day...
 
Would no doubt be this long sleeve tee with a grumpy Tweety Bird.
It's THB 200 wholesale.
Molek ah tu. We both have the same face expressions.
Mum always said that I'm grumpy. It's becox no one knew I'm boiling inside.
I need to show it to let others know.
Perhaps next time I fake a smile while wearing this shirt.
 
This is all for Day 2 in Bangkok.
XOXO~



No comments:

Post a Comment