Monday 7 April 2014

Bad Week

Still no luck with physic. Got only 4 out of 15% for my midterm. I should probably considering jumping off the cliff or something. Save myself from the embarrassment. I just don't understand why! I'm pretty confident that I knew how to do all the questions but then the marks prove me wrong. Went to check the paper with Sha just now and looking thru, the questions are all so easy. I'm like, "Yeah. I know this. You gotta count this first, then that, bla bla bla." So am I stupid or what?



Went back home the other day (shall have another post on that later, long story) and got my MQA cert or transcript or whatever you call it where it stated I passed both Malaysian Studies and Moral Studies with the hopes to be exempted from sitting the finals for Malaysian Studies. I know it's last minute since Malaysian Studies is on the 10th of April. Before going further down, let's get this straight. Early of the year, before I do my course selection, I went to ask someone at the front desk of Centre of Pre U as to whether I can be exempted or not and they said no. FINE! So the disappointed me asked mum to bring the transcript home as there's no use having it here (partly my fault here).


So later 2 months, there's this commotion on the exemption thingy and I found out that yes, I'm allowed to be exempted. But that time, mum has already misplaced the transcript. =.=

Niki found the transcript a day before they went to Hong Kong. So I went back, took the transcript and handled it to Ms Syikin at the MPW department on 2 April. At the same day, she approved my exemption. So on 4 April, when I went to collect my exam token (which is a piece of lousy paper), I saw Malaysian Studies is still on the list of subject that I need to take for the finals.


To further clarify the matter, I asked the bimbo at the front counter of the Registrar and they said something about the MPW haven't updating it on the system. And so I went back from Block A to Block C to get my answer from Ms Syikin. She said that the updating the system is the job of the Registrar. I'm being speechless here. She even said that I'm selfish for not wanting to sit for the subject since I've already attended the classes. Let me quoted. "Why are you so selfish? Why can't just you sit for the subject?" The hell?! You know what, Malaysian Studies is like history where you are expected to memorize all the facts and such. So if can and is given a choice, of course I don't to take it. I bet everyone if is in my shoes, would do that too. Why need extra subject when I already have Biology and Physic to worry for?



Her piece of advice for me is to not go for the paper. And I was like,"What?! Wouldn't that later affect my final transcript like having an absent there?" Stupid advise! If I were stupid or can't think properly that day, I would have already skip for the paper and not demand for further questions. Thank goodness the brain functions well that day. So Ms Syikin called the Registrar office to inform them but then it can't get thru. So I walked again from Block C to A to ask the Registrar. Registrar said they need an exemption form from the MPW department and MPW has yet to give them. So Ms Chan, the one handling my problem at the Registrar called Ms Syikin back but can't get thru.


FUCK ALL THOSE PHONES ON THE TABLES AS THEY ARE FOR DECORATING PURPOSES ONLY!!! So she asked me to leave my contact number and will call me on Monday.

So I waited till 12 noon today and there's not a single phone call. When I went up the Registrar, I was told that Ms Chan is on her training course and will only be back on 9 April. They left me hanging there without an absolute answer. I was fuming mad! My case was then being handled by another person, Ms Phoong. Having to explain all over again from the roots was not a problem. I didn't mind that. What angers me is that they still don't have answers to my questions as to whether am I exempted from the finals or what. After going to Mr Teng to look at the damn Physic paper and lepaking in Sha's room, it was 2 when we went down and saw Ms Syikin coming back from lunch.


She was like, "Yeah? You need the exemption form right? So are you free right now? Coz my colleague is off and will be back tomorrow. The form will be send to the Registrar by tomorrow. Or you can wait, let me finish it and you, yourself pass it to the Registrar." And so I agreed!

I was waiting for an hour in front of the MPW door, thinking that she was doing my exemption form inside since she didn't say anything as to whether where I should wait. After an hour, imagine that, I asked for her and they allowed me to enter. And guess what I saw? She's just starting to do my form! Great! Wait for nothing. It was done in 10 minutes and I took the bloody form to the Registrar for them to process. When I was at the Registrar, another bloody lady said I'm not allowed to be exempted since it is so near already. I was like, "TRY SAYING IT AGAIN! AFTER ALL I GONE THROUGH, YOU NOW SAID I CAN'T BE EXEMPTED! SERIOUSLY?!"



And she asked me to step aside as there are many other students queuing up for the exam token. So gladly, I step aside and waited. You know how long I waited there, standing like a fool holding a piece of paper in my hands, hoping for the unknown? 30 minutes!! And what they, Ms Phoong and the bloody lady did, they kept taking students' ID. After 30 minutes, I had enough. The queue won't be lesser as this is exam season. If anything, the queue will be longer as everyone wants to take their exam tokens. So I went again to the front counter and demand my answer. I was like, "So can I have my answer now?" Bloody lady took my exemption in and disappears for a minute and then handled my form to a fat lady. That fat lady called for me, handing me another form, the Withdrawl form. I was to fill in the form, obtain approval from my department, Centre of Pre U and the Finance Dept before handing it to the Registrar again.


After one form, I was given another form. How many forms do I actually need to fill up? I was frustrated! After 2 hours of waiting, you tell me I need to fill in another form? Why didn't you tell me earlier the other day? I waited like an idiot! You treat me like nothing! You thought walking from Block A to Block C very near ah? You guys don't have even have answers to my questions? FUCK UCSI!! FUCK THE MANAGEMENT! I'm trying to be as polite as possible here but I'm failing terribly.



After all I gone through, the stress, the waiting and the feeling of not having my answers, I think that's it. To say that I'm disappointed, I'm far from it. And you know what? Private institution suppose to settle things more effectively coz money is what keeps them surviving!! Flash money in front of them and they'll come to you, like a dog, wagging it's tail trying to get a bone in your hands!!! Oh, and sue me all you want! Won't bother more!!!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment