Wednesday 8 January 2014

Faux SMARTPHONES - Bangkok

I'm back!! And really glad to be back. It's been almost three weeks and without realizing we've enter 2014. This shall be my first entry of the year. 2013 had been a nothing but great. A amazing year thou I failed to pursue my degree in Pharmacy. Blogging started because I was bored while in college and decided to spend my time blogging rather than stalking others at Facebook. And 2013 also brought great memories with ex-coursmates, Annie, Kitty, Wee Kiat and Sofea. We went shopping spree, food marathon and much more. And also, Mum brought us to Bangkok for the year-end holidays. We seldom go for holidays. Can count it by fingers the number of times we went for a holiday. I always hated it when school's open and on the very first day, teachers asked the "Where did you go for holidays?" question because I have nothing to talk about. Sadd..

Back to the point, I didn't abandon my poor virtual home here. But I just barely have time for myself let alone to sit in front of the laptop for hours typing an entry out. My bad. Well, for the rest of the #toelephantcountrywego trip, I shall ended our trip with this entry. No point having entries on day 6, 7 and 8 because we basically walked around Baiyoke Suite hotel area. Here's a short summary. For day 6, we went to Indera plaza to shop. Not much stuff here except for the old-fashioned clothes and clothes for those Aunties and Ah Ma to wear. But then, it's no doubt the best place to buy real snake purse or something. PETA is really gonna find me after this. And so I bought a CROCODILE purse!!

FOR THB 200!!!
 
And yeah, it's FAKE. You can't get a real crocodile skin purse at that price. It's probably thousand or more. In Indera plaza also, we bought lots of leggings at THB 50 per piece. Super affordable coz the material is so stretchable and comfy! Yeah, to those who loves glam and leather wallet or purse, perhaps Indera Plaza is the place to go. Mind you, real leather is expensive. Here also Mum bought herself a stingray purse which fascinates me and Tigress to no extend. According to the taukeh niang (lady boss), real stingray purse will not burn. If you doubt, ask them to light a lighter and glide the fire on the surface of the purse in front of you. You can feel the warmth on the surface but nothing is burn. How kewl is that??
 
(Picture credit to Google)
Something like this. You see the eye-shaped in the middle of the purse. Well, Mum said the bigger the eye is, the more expensive the purse is because it means the stingray is HUGE!
 
It is an understatement to say that Indera Plaza is for the olds coz it's heaven for IT geeks except that they're selling faux smartphones. On our very first day at Indera Plaza, we passed by an IT shop and was rambang mata seeing all those gadgets selling at a very cheap price. Well, it was probably 5 to 1 of the original. Feeling that it's a waste by walking away from such a good deal, we bought a faux Samsung Note III after hours of bargaining and debating. Our very concern was it will explode and it can't function. From what we saw at the displayed, everything was fine except for the quality of the captured photos. So we bought it at THB 4000. Tigress was so against it that she fan lian with me and Mum by not talking to us the whole night.
 
So we got what we saw and went again to Indera Plaza the next two days to buy another faux smartphones for Uncle. I guess my characters bring the best of me. I the person who done lots of research about something before decide to buy it. So I went to numerous shop asking for prices and compared. Note here that out of 10 phone shops in Indera Plaza, 9 are selling faux phones. And so I went to different shop asking about the prices of Note 3. The early prices probably started the same at THB 12000. And when you decided to walk away, the cut to THB 8000. Trying to walk away again, they offered THB 5000. The moment when they said,"Okay. How much you want?" is the moment when you're in charge of the game. So at this one particular shop, I said I want THB 2500 for Note 3. And the very honest Myanmar-ese asked me which quality I want. Apparently there different quality that I yet to know. He even showed me the difference between the Korean made (the one I bought two days earlier) and the China made one. And so the Korean made one is far better than the China made as the China ones is NOT touch screen. He literally show me that there's a button there. With much gratitude that he taught me something, I walked away. And we went again to the shop where I bought my Note 3 coz Mum wanted to buy a faux IPhone 5. Thank goodness, the same seller told us that IPhone 5 is no good coz Apps Store can't use.
 
That is when I stumbled upon another shop. While doing my "trying-to-walk-away" act, the seller there who is also a Myanmar-ese offered me THB 2500. I was like, "The heck?". Thou it's cheap, I still doubt it. After checking and monitored the displayed phone we decided to take it. As a careful measures, we insisted on checking the phone before buying it thou the seller wasn't particularly fond off. Who cares right? Mum reassured him that we're buying so reluctantly he opened the box for us. The moment the phone was in my hands and I switched it on, I know I was conned! There's a fucking button that any finger can feel. Feeling cheated and angry, we're all shouting, "YOU CHEAT!". I think it was too loud and started to attract attention that the boss came to rescue. And so with the price given, the only phone selling is the lao beh China made one and not the Korean made one. The minimum price of the Korean made is THB 3500. Feeling bad, I think, the boss changed for us and gave us THB 3500 for the Korean made one. Since we're causing a mess, we took it but saying no to the boss offer for IPhone 5. Wouldn't want to get cheated for the second time, would we?
 
My faux phone
 
To cut the story short, mine faux Note 3 was as good as original thou it's a bit slow and the camera quality is bad. Nevertheless, everything else is fine. So why am I writing this? The one and only main reason is because more and more people are selling and buying faux smartphones whether it's from the internet or by the small stalls at the night market. I would just like to advise to those who plan to buy faux smartphones thru the Internet to be careful coz you might not get what you see. And I also don't think you will be any lucky than us to manage to catch the person cheating. All in all, just be careful while purchasing faux smartphones coz many things can go wrong.
 
While in Elephant country, we managed to go for a 15 minutes free of fish spa as our complimentary treatment. It was our first time. And like hell, the fishes are so big and ticklish when they fed on your feed. We laughed and giggled non-stop!
The benefits of fish spa!
 
I wouldn't pay for this if it's not free
 
Just moments from the fishes feasting on our dead skin
 
Both chubby girl here is terrified of the idea
 
Le Mami is sho cute here!
Haven't see her laugh like this for so long
Got to really that Baiyoke for this smile
 
=D
 
Le Mami is sho funny coz she kept counting fishes that feasted on her feets!
 
This is so not my feet.
I wouldn't dare to insert so much!
 
For the rest of the two days, we went to Baiyoke Gallery or known as B Gallery. It's a new building. The shape of the building is real interesting. It's like a shape of the BirdNest Stadium in Beijing! 
 
 
In the wee hours of morning
 
Inside the building
 
I think the concept here is like walking up the slopes with shops all around you.
 
Everything is in a circle here. Even the toilet.
 
An egg-shaped sink
 
Don't say I'm lying when I tell you this. Baiyoke Gallery opens daily at 4.00 am to 7.00pm. I don't know how the heck they managed to find time for themselves aside from eating and sleeping. Madness! They're aren't many shop when we went there, probably because it's a weekend. So bought nothing there.
 
For the last two days, we went to
 
 
 

 
finding for varsity jacket for me and Tigress.
None found! Disappointed!
 
On our day back, we still shopped!! How kewl is that?! We woke up at 5 am to shop at the morning market. Oh, for our 7 days there, we never knew there's a morning market which opens from 4 am to 8 am. Blame it on Tigress and Mousy for waking up late every morning. 
 
 
Bangkok in the early dawn
 
It's only 5 and already crowded with people
 
There Mousy is, showing of her varsity jacket with her initial on it
Beh tahan!
 
Our colorful hotel with 42 storey
 
Whilst waiting Mum to be done with her purchasing
 
So far the highest building in Bangkok with 88 storey,
Baiyoke Sky
 
It's either YOU PUSH or YOU BEING PUSHED!
There's no other way
 
No chance to sit on Tut tut this trip
=(
 
 
For the whole trip, I wouldn't want to know how much Mum spent in total. We bought the tickets earlier like a year ago so it's cheap, I guess. With AirAsia, everyone can fly!! Food was not hard to find. There's a street just before 53th restaurant or something that has all kinds of food. From Baiyoke Suite, the main entrance, turn left, walk straight until you reached a bag shop and turn left. Walked straight till you saw
 
this on your right side
That is my so called "FOOD STREET"!
 
They have

Grilled fish
 
Chap fan
 
More chap fan
 
Fried kueh teow, fried rice
 
Grilled pork and chicken stick at THB 20 each
 
Duck rice
 
And many more la includes local delicacies like desserts
 
This too vibrant color desserts are not fruits but more to desserts with pes inside
 
I heart you!!
Sipeh yummy.
 
 
I can't remember how much it is but definitely not more than THB 50
 
And this uncle here make the most delicious dim sum
 
Once eaten, wants more.
 
Me and Mami actually went down early at 9 am for 2 days to find him but whenever we found him, his dim sum were all sold!
 
The harder to get, the more determined we are
 
 
Still early, probably 7 so there's still lots of dim sum!
 
At the end of the day,
 
I enjoyed myself very much and I'm very sure Mum and the rest did too.
BYE BANGKOK!!
#selfie
 
*muaks

No comments:

Post a Comment