Wednesday 15 January 2014

Pyjamas ?! Seriously?!

I just hate morning classes especially those lecture requires me to wake up as early as 7 am!! My first lecture for the day was Introduction to Malaysian Studies. Finally, we made some progressed with 10 students in the class. We've all chosen our presentation. Sad to say that since there are only 10 of us we have to do INDIVIDUAL presentation. I wouldn't really mind if it's in Bahasa but we're talking about History that I've learnt since Form 1 in Bahasa but now I have to present it in English. Stress! Can you imagine "Yang Di-Pertuan Agong" is His Majesty and "Majlis Raja-raja Melayu" is the Royal Council? Sounds weird huh? So what is "Temenggung" in English or "Laksamana"? Today we're learning about Malaysia's Government System and Constitution. I guess we, the Malaysian cope pretty well except for the language but then there's an international student in the class so basically the lecture gotta explain more detail on how His Majesty and the Prime Minister thing works. The best explanation given by the lecturer is His Majesty is like a father while Prime Minister is like a mother. Father has the authority but mother does all the work. >.< Ooh and I don't even know that the yearly budget proposed by the Prime Minister need the approval of His Majesty. Huh? Can't believe that this kind of budget is approved. Lousy budget! When you're thinking you helping by giving, you raise everything that needed to survive. Doesn't that make sense? Whatever. Don't plan to explain more detail. As long as I understand, that's enough. Blaaak. Speaking nonsense again.

Well, Biology class was funny enough. When our lecturer entered, I never thought I would ever heard this question but one of our international student, Shahir asked our lecturer, "Mam, are you wearing PYJAMAS?" OHMAIGODD!!! The rest of us was laughing so loud even the sleepy me craking a smile too. And the reply given is, "Shahir are you still sleeping? This is not pyjamas. It's one of our official clothing called the baju kurung."

This is my graduation photo taken in 2011.
What we wore (those 3 from the left) are baju kurung
It's our national clothing here in Malaysia for the women
It's for the Malay but then anyone can wear it as long as you're a girl
 
As for the guys,
 
it's Baju Melayu as what David Chuchuleta wore here
 
Since we're already on this page on national clothing,
 
This is for the Chinese Ah Moi!
 
CHEONGSAM!!
(Wore during 2012 CNY)
 
And Samfu for the guys.
 
As for Indians,
 
Saree for the females.
(That's me in saree for our Interact's Amazing Race in 2011. Aahh. Those wonderful memories!)
 
And Dhoti for the males.
 
These are all our national clothing which reflect the three main cultures. Yes, it is a formal clothing and can be wear in formal events. I never knew I've worn all the three national clothing. I'm just as surprised when I dug out all those photos while writing this. A sense of achievement just hit me. Yesh, babehh!! The most difficult to wear is the traditional saree as you have to wrap the long piece of cloth all over your body. Me and my friends actually took almost 2 hours to help me in that attire. Such an experience. So please, never again say that our national clothing is a PYJAMAS. Very sad leh.. Doesn't matters if you're an international students coz when you're in Malaysia you should at least learnt something about the culture here. PAISEH LEHHH!!!! PYJAMAS?! Never thought of that before.
 
As far as I know, international students have to enter extra classes for Bahasa Kebangsaan which is our National Language. I wonder how the teacher teaches them? By translating English into Bahasa? "How are you?" is "Apa khabar?" Thank you = terima kasih  Or Nasi Lemak = Fat Rice?! No, huh? Hahaha. Fat rice sounds weird. LOLL!
 
Class ended at 11 am so after I buying my lunch and dinner, I walked back to the condo. When the lift arrived and I was about to enter, there's this male African that was looking weird weird at me. The heck? And suddenly he shouted, "Hey, I know you?" I was like, (O.O) THE HELL???! I don't know you and quickly entered the lift and pressed the button closed repeatedly. Too scary!! Freaking creepy. Thank god nothing happen. Huish. *wipe sweat I'm not being racist or what here but the fact is it's still scares me to see Africans especially at night, spotting them with beers on hands. Note to self: Never ever go out at night!!!
 
For the rest of afternoon, I slept, ate lunch and did my laundry. I prefer to do my laundry by hands thou there's a washing machine here. Lets just say that I'm a clean freak but the idea of tossing all my clothes into the same place where the rest of my housemates threw their lingerie in doesn't seem right to me. It's disgusting. And more disgusting is that they don't even bother to nicely hang their panties on the metal rods. So there's still someone who's lazier than me? Should I be happy for that? It's a sad thing to see their nice, lacey panties while mine are only grandma panties. Sob sob. Nevermind, comfort comes first and with comfort comes confidence. Anyway, it's not like there's someone gonna peep at the panty your wearing and compliment them. Hush hush...
 
XOXO~
Time for a little physic!
Bye!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment