Sunday 12 January 2014

2014

It's almost 2 weeks we enter 2014 yet I'm still thinking I'm living in 2013. It feels weird to write '14' at the date box when filling in my attendance. So New Year ma, what's new? I can't see anything new except the new price toll, new price tags on stationaries and list goes on. Such a burden to the citizen. And also not forgetting there's an increase in electric bills!! It's funny how Tigress kept shouting and reminding to switch off fans and tvs while not in use coz THE ELECTRIC BILL IS INCREASING once the clock strike 12.00 am !!

New chapter of life begins. I'm now in UCSI raking another year of foundation. Let me tell you, it was a last minute decision to study in UCSI. The plan at first was to repeat another year of foundation in IMU. I was about to fill in all the documents when I read this...

 
There's no way I'm risking my another year if I still can't get my pointer 3.5 and can't enroll in any other Uni. Just imagine that. Stuck in the middle. So without taking any possible risk, I found UCSI and after discussing it with Mum, we decided to go with it. It was one hectic week. Filling in forms, calling and calling the counselor just to make sure I've done what needed to be done. Thank goodness, Ms Pauline is a kind person. Yeah, she helped a lot. Mum even said that I'm lucky to be able to find such a tolerating person to tolerate with all my questions and stuff even thou she's busy too with the rest.
 
But then there's a problem. Since it's all last minute, there's no rooms available for me. On campus is full. Thou it's not full, I don't want it either. the reason is because we're only allow to stay there for 4 months before kicking us out and expect me to find my own accommodation for the rest 6 months. I don't like the idea of that. After I've comfortable with my surrounding, you decided to kick me out and except me to restart all over again?! Sorry, NO WAY! So there is this one day, on the 30 Dec that I called the Accommodation and Service Dept. to talk to Ms Keling that she told me there's a single room available at Angkasa Condo which is about 10 minutes walk to UCSI. Gladly, I took it. I was over the moon that I finally have a place to say. But then my instinct told me that, "Nah, I'm not that lucky".
 
And I hit the jackpot straight on my face when I called two days later which is 1 Jan, Ms Keling said that there's no room. Fuming with anger, I asked why she said got room the other day and now said no room. Even better, she denied talking to me!! The hell?! Then how do I get her hand phone number? Who the hell did I talk the other day? I was so angry and frustrated coz that very morning Mum just bank in money for my fees . Now where the hell am I going to stay since I've already paid for the course but no place to stay. I was so down and stressed.
 
I guess God really take a pity on me. That night my conscious mind telling me to go to the Net and find a place to stay. And I followed my instinct. Hell! I found a SINGLE room, fully furnished and it's only RM480 per month!! Hell yeah! Straight away, I booked the room and arranged to view it the next day with the landlord, Mrs Lee. I'm so happy!! The whole night I enthusiastically packed all my belongings and boarded the next day with Mum and Mousy!
 
We went to view the room that very night, which is a Friday night and close the deal straight away! Even thou it's a little small room, I have nothing to complain. It's better than nothing right? =D So happy! And also, I'm living in a house full with Indonesian girls. LOL! And they look nothing near Indon. If it was not for their slang, I would thought them as ang mohs!
 
 
Nicely decorated
 
 
Kitchen area
 
 
It's a bit messy for my liking
 
 
Laundry area
 
 
Dining area
 
 
A small sofa to fit a small space
 
A sharing toilet
 
 
My refuge for a year~
 
So far I've found two new friends here. A sweet May Ting from Klang and Sha from Penang. The difference between UCSI and KBU is that I gotta print all my notes myself. Urghh. Why can't just they print it out for me? Sipek stingy. And also, everything is done online. Another URGH!! If one day, all the telecommunication company is down, we are not able to study then! Yip yip horray!! It's a big Uni so different from KBU where the lectures printed out notes for you and have your timetable ready. Here, I gotta arranged my timetable myself which is also a good thing. I put most of my classes on Mon, Tue and Wed, leaving Thu and Fri a class or two. Hahaha. This is so that I can skip classes to go back if needed. Huh?! Clever right?
 
#newchapteroflifebegins
 
And to all, May this year be a better year than the previous!
Keep smiling!
^_^
 

No comments:

Post a Comment