Friday 13 June 2014

Ranting All I Want

Tomorrow is Wednesday which means, FREE DAY!! I purposely left Wed empty just in case I wanna skip class and went back hometown. Finding pathetic excuse to blog rather than revising my bio notes. Gonna regret this once my result is out later. But till then, let's just have this entry up.
I don't want to mumble and complain this on Twitter. Who know someone might complain behind my back again for spamming their Twitter wall? There's incident once on that. Shall not talk about it anymore since we've reconciled. But here's my space, my blog so I think I have that privilege to complain all I want and if you don't like it, don't read it. Blogs are so not meant to be read by friends. Hell, I wish my friends never know my blog exist. I can foresee troubles when that happens. *finger crossed Before that, go take ear buds to block your ears. Don't say I don't warn you.

First, let me introduce you to Mr James, our Bio lecture who technically new in UCSI. He gave us assignment on inherited disease to do in groups. I tahan this so long already and I beh tahan liao. Since he loves to talk, Mr James finds that it's impossible for him to finish the syllabus so he make  us to go as early as 7.30 in the morning to class. 30 minutes earlier. Actually, I don't mind that as it benefits me as well. Well, it turns out that in that total 2 hours class, he gave break for as long as 45 minutes. Seriously? 45 minutes? Then what's the purpose of me coming early? Not to blame him but since it's his first time teaching as a lecture, he actually plans so much for us for just 3 months class. I find that his lecture notes are full with details that are particularly not important and trust me, it's too much. I regretted for giving all my notes to Christine when I left KBU. I find the notes Ms Kong gave are much better than those in UCSI.

As for the assignment, the disease that we've got is cystic fibrosis. In short it is an inherited disease where the child obtain the recessive gene from both of the parents. If the child is male, he just need a copy of that gene whereas a female can be either a carrier or a patient. Perhaps this explain why males have higher risk of inheriting the inherited diseases such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, hemophilia and many more. This is because they just need a copy of the gene. Cystic fibrosis is where thick mucus are produced which then clogs ducts and passageways. It is a life threating disease. Imagine having the mucus blocks your trachea. You might have difficulty in breathing which lead to shortness of breath and in more serious cases, death.

So we're required to make a poster out with introduction, causes, sign and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and conclusion all in ONE page. And this is what we first produced.

 
Frankly speaking, I'm not satisfied with it. It looks out of place. Not nice. Just doesn't look like a poster.  So we meet up again on Friday to discuss about it coz Mr James gave us a list of his opinions on the poster. When we met up, those bunch don't have any clue on how to improve it. I'm not complementing myself but since I'm bored with their attitude and wanted to end the discussion quickly, I actually volunteer to do it.  No point of wasting another hour sitting in the library if they're just gonna stare blankly into heaven.
 
Hi XXX,
 
I didn’t see much alteration form earlier beside the so-called DNA (but look like a worm. If you want to use human anatomy picture explain the physiological changes, please find figure with labeled abnormal condition for example which part/what of GI tract is affected by C.F. for example. Even better if you label it yourself.
 
You can always add more (resize it to small figure) showing real human affected body to attract people to read your poster. And since this assignment is related to genetic disease, at least add a bit more on that part. Recessive or dominant?
 
And the purpose of assignment is actually for the student to include slightly more in-depth/details. But not too much. So far yours . Eh.... you know.
 
I am not checking your fact now. That’s where the marking counts.
 
Ps you too can add inheritance- if the mother and father one is carrier or diseased – what is the possible outcome for their children.
Think.
 
Enjoy.
 
I went back home and straight into the job. Actually, I was having my dinner while doing the poster. It actually only took me about 20 minutes to come out with an entirely new poster which I'm half satisfied. Took some pictures from the net, did some changes and there you have an entirely new poster. I do admit it was quite messy with the wordings. How am I suppose to include all the needed details in a single page? I find that quite a challenge to resize the wording by taking into consideration that we still need to present it. So here's my poster.
 
Nice ma?
 
It's better that the first one hor? You better say yes. If no is your answer, you can go jump the sea and die. Muahaha. On our presentation day, this very poster obtained lots of complements. Perhaps it's because there's a cartoon picture. Cartoon do attracts attentions. Shh.. Don't tell anyone but this is my secret weapon. But, shamelessly, she claimed all the credits. Fuck her!! Let me tell you something in case that you're not aware with, I did this poster all alone! Thou I'm not claiming for credits (not as low and pathetic as her), you still can't go parade the whole town with something that's not yours. That is so wrong.
 
Anyway, since this is mine work, their (the rest of the group members) presentation is 'not okay'. No one can present work of yours better than yourself. Therefore, they can't actually claim the praise. Hahaha. But then there's no marks for presentation la. Sometimes,  I wonder what Mr James is thinking. He asked us to present but there's no marks for it. So what's the purpose of presenting? Too much free time ah? As far as I know, we only have less than 2 months left to finish at least 4 more chapters. Personally, I don't think he can finish it lo.
 
As for my presentation, I'm not happy about my performance either. I was so nervous that I keep stuttering. The hell? I acted as if this was my very first presentation. Goddess, I've done lots of solo presentations in KBU. Urghh. Was so disappointed with myself. =(
 
Thanks for dropping in!!
 
p/s: One probably wonder why it's wed. I wrote this on wed but was so busy to finish it. Decided to get it done today while waiting to drift off. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment