Sunday 23 February 2014

The Malaysian Studies' Curse

I am a 101% sure that I've been cursed by the subject Malaysian Studies. Every Malaysian only needs to study the subject ONCE in their lifetime but here I am, taking it twice already. Mind you, it's compulsory to all Malaysian. So unless you're a Malaysian, you confirm need to take Malaysian Studies either in your foundation years or your diploma days. Generally, Malaysian Studies = History where we learn the formation of Malaysia. Yup! All those Malayan Union, the Education System, etc. I would think Malaysian Studies as a free subject to rise my pointer higher. Hah! There's good after all.

It went back to last week when I'm supposed to present my presentation topic on The Strategies to Strengthening the Unity alone. This is the reason to why I said I'm being cursed. Whilst the other groups of Malaysian Studies did their presentation and assignments in GROUPS, we, the Group A here on the other hand need to do it INDIVIDUALLY! The reason is because they are only the 9 of us in the class. As if it's my fault there's only 9 in the class. Well, the lecturer insisted. I think she's just being lazy, inconsiderate and unfair. Why others can do it in groups but we need to do it individually? Can't you put us in groups of 2? Trust me, jobs would be much easier with an extra helping hand. Oh, I forget. There's a total of 10 topics. So with us all present, she does not need to teach. Presentation, for me is just a way for lecture like her to get away openly without teaching. You know, being lazy and nobody knows.

Anyway, to make a dramatic presentation, virtual virus decided to hack my pendrive. While I was presenting, the next moment the whole presentation file is gone. Literally everything. My previous assignments and lab reports of my days in KBU, the presentation slide itself. All gone. Like 'puff' in the air. Urghh. Was so frustrated. Deep down, I know why I am frustrated. Firstly, it is because of my own fault. Wanting to put animated pictures on the slide to make it more eye-catching, I went to various sites to find it when I unconsciously pressed on something that I'm not aware with. I was waiting my antivirus system to tell me that there's virus invading my lappy and I need to get it out. But there's nothing. So I resume my job and save everything. All the time, the pendrive was attached to the lappy. My second frustration is that my AVG virus was expired at that time. LOL! I've never bought any antivirus system before and I think this is some kind of payback for using their antivirus illegally. =P On the lappy itself, I have the free installed Avira. But we're more than aware that it's lousy. Well, at least I think it's lousy. So I have another one which is AVG. My bestie, Dylan taught me some tricks on this one. He taught me how to find the free activation code online to get the paid version of AVG. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Till that day, it works perfectly fine before it decided to go haywire on me. Payback is such a bitch! And so I lost my protection. It just happen to be the right timing for me to go find for those animated pictures giving the viruses an opportunity to invade my laptop.

Where do all these irritating viruses came from? Can't think of a better answer than the one I have right now. I guess they came from the antivirus company itself. I mean, you see, they released the antivirus, they created a programme to delete the virus and earn millions from there. That's what business is all about. You released, treated and earned! Seems legit right? Go think about it!

I guess it hits me so much that I'm so disappointed in myself because I knew I don't have another copy for the slide and all my lab reports whist I'm studying at KBU are all gone for god's sake! I have the habit of saving everything in my pendrive because it's the safest place in the world. No viruses can enter the pendrive!! I am ready to do it all again when luck seems to be on my side. Apparently, I managed to save the hard copy of my slide. So I just need to do some edit and it's ready to be presented!

The next week (which is this week) I am all cheered up to finish my presentation when my shoe decided to break on me while I'm about to enter the Uni. Just great! The soles of my shoes fell off, leaving me in nothing but misery. I love that shoe so much that I wear it for every of my presentation since I got it from FOS two years back. It is still brand new as I only wore it for presentation. =( Sad!! Thank god everything went smoothly after that.

Since I was doing my presentation on Unity, I was asked, "Will the racial riot on 13 May 1969 happen again?" Well, to those ignorant Malaysians that are wondering what happen during 13 May 1969, I hope you failed your HISTORY! 13 May 1969 is such a historical event for the whole nation and for you to not have any single idea about it, it is such a disgrace to even called yourself a Malaysian. So please take into consideration to change your citizenship! 13 May 1969 will be a date to be remembered where the Malays killed the Chinese, the Chinese killed the Malays and such. Many innocent lives were taken away. I think it is because a young Chinese was killed in the fight against the police before the 1969 elections. It is actually a burial parade lead by Datuk Harun Idris, the Selangor Chief Minister at that time. Fights  and riots broke out and military were needed to control the situation since the police failed to do so. I dare not think nor imagine what the situation would be like. It would be a sad case to see if my Malays friends are killed or my Chinese friends are killed by my Malays friends. The total number of deaths that were recorded was 193 but we don't really know the exact value.

At the end, I confidently answered, "No. It will happen again as we are more united now than we are in the past." I guess it reflects me. Growing up, studying in a kebangsaan or what you called it 'multiracial' schools, I definitely have more Malay friends than Chinese since we just  minority in Terengganu. We, the Chinese, Malay and Indians can sit in a table together during our lunch. Hell, even the Malay and Indians have learnt our language. I think I miss my multiracial friends right now. And seeing from the answers from my classmates which are from Penang, KL and Johor, I would say that I'm the lucky one. Nope. They don't have the luxury to be friend with the Malay and Indians. Such a pity. Well during festivals, thou I do not visit them, but we definitely do wish others that are celebrating. Hell, we even shared kuih raya. I guess this is the advantages for being in such a small town. A small yet united town. What is there to be in a big yet un-united city? No joy in it.

And then I stumbled on this pictures being shared on my wall yesterday on Facebook. Take a look at it. It was being shared by a page called Boikot Barangan DAP Cina.


Basically it urge people to stop buying things that are from the Chinese and support the Malay's franchise. Well, actually it has no harms to promote your own races franchise but then at least don't go boycott those other races franchise. It is just so low of you. Haven't you forget that there are your races too that work in that franchise? If you go boycott, what will happen to them? What about their salary and income? Did they need not to support their family? This is just a reckless act of a person that has an IQ no higher than a kid. I would said dog but then you know la, people would probably create issues from it saying that I compare them with dog or whatsoever. People these days are just too free that they need a little chaos here and there for their entertainment.

Seriously la, it's sick to see all these racial stuff online. So does that mean that the Chinese have to boycott Pizzahut too? Damn! I'm a fan of Pizzahut! So back to the question to whether is the eventful racial riot gonna happen again. My answer is if there are more people like this guy who created the page living here in Malaysia, then it would probably happen again. Rather than setting up people's mindset to be negative towards other races, why not spreading the love around. For all I know, I have friends from all. I'm proud to be friend with Madu, Aina, Farhain (my childhood friend), Miriam (my childhood friend too), Hazim (the big taukeh who owns a Mercedes but still love Choki Choki) etc. Too much to be named every single of them out.

Well, just so let you know that the government had gone through so much to built the harmonious environment that we're living in today. So are we gonna give up the good that we have today for something that is not worth our attention? My answer is NO! I would never turns against my friends nor have my childhood the other way round by going to a Chinese school. Yep. It is sad to think that I'm a banana as you called it but I'm proud to have a multiracial friends. Heck! Even my Sikh friend, Jasteen can speak better Chinese than I am. >.<

With that, I raised my case. Time to sleep. And just in case if tomorrow I'm awaken by the sound of police knocking down my room's door. Here's the prove to where I obtained the picture from!

 
And I wondered why is this guy still not in the prison for creating such a racial issue which would lead to chaos later.

Huh?
 
XOXO~
 
Sending my love too
Just in case I woke up in prison and can never blog again.
That would be a sad case coz I love blogging
Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment