Sunday 30 August 2015

Junior Pharmacy Orientation

After 8 long months of waiting, I am finally into another chapter of my life which is degree life. It feels so surreal. This is my pathway to the future. Instead of always stopping at a junction, wondering where to go, I can now see a straight road ahead with minor roadblocks and traffic lights. At the end of the road, I can see myself being a qualified pharmacist. Junior Pharmacy Orientation was on the 21st August so I was back in KL on the 20th.  

 
The registration counter 
 
 Registration starts as early as 9 am
 
 
Coursemates with their offer letters registering themselves

 
Smiling friendly faces of my coursemates

 
The event begin at 10 am with a welcome speech from our Dean, Prof Dr Yeong

Listening attentively of what to expect in the 4 years duration

We headed for lunch in groups of 11 around 1 o'clock in the afternoon after the faculty and departmental briefing.

After lunch, we proceed to the auditorium for some ice-breaking session

 
We have our dedicated MCs to keep us entertain while waiting for the rest to arrive

At the first station of the ice-breaking session
It's True/False Qs but all the members need to give the correct answer to get a point

Second station where we played the Luo Bu Tin game (that is how it is pronounced)

From the stations, we were given clues to unlock a senior's handphone password
Totally clueless about the hints given so I tried asking Google
Sadly, Google was no help at all

Third station where in pairs, we need to transfer the cans to another side with a straw 
hooked with rubber band in our mouth

Like this

 
Here's a candid of me at the third station where we play charades 

Our last stop requires some stamina on the skipping rope and also a tongue twister master

Back at the auditorium, Elaine (the girl beside me) must be cracking some jokes 
to have me laughing so hard

Seniors sharing their experiences

Trying to guess who is the senior in disguise
It's CK, the girl with blue and white stripes shirt.
She's a Year 2 student

 
We were then entertained with amazing band performance by seniors 

Followed by class representatives selection session
I'm not keen in any of the positions so sit back and relax was what I did

 The last event was the mentor-mentee introduction

 
Closing ceremony ended with photography session
 



 
With all the 102 coursemates 

A group photo with all the committees

 The orientation ended at 6 pm
A loud applause for the seniors for putting up a successful event


Already a week into degree life , I can say that for the coming 3 months, it will be very hectic. I have headaches everytime I look into the academic calendar. I failed to find a weekend free to go back home so I don't think I will be going home until the study break which is the end of November. So this also means that I will be spending my birthday all alone here or maybe probably with some friends (that is if I managed to make some new friends by then). Also, my finals are scheduled to be on the first two weeks of December so I have to miss our annual Bangkok trip this year (finger cross. I hope not)

So, the preparation into degree life? Degree life means there will no more wearing T'shirts and jeans to class. No more slipper or whatsoever. Degree life means preparing my blouse and pants, ironing them the night before. As Prof Dr Yeong said in her speech, we, as a professionals need to show our professionalism at all time whether it is in the classrooms or during the practicals sessions. Good thing is I had already prepared some formal outfits except for pants. Leggings will need do temporary. 

Speaking of formal clothes, one thing that comes to mind is perfectly ironed clothes. I will be renting the same room during my foundation days and because the room is small, an iron board is totally out. I cannot even move freely in my room already with book racks and whatnot so I opt for this portable iron board. Not only it serve as an iron board, it is also portable which makes storing an easy task. Besides, it is also really light so I can actually store it anywhere it fits. I'm just glad to have found it.

 
 This cost me RM 25.50

Barely a week into degree and my other coursemates had already bought textbooks, borrowing from the library and here I am still finding the time to blog my life journey. Why my coursemates all kiasu one? Hell, I need to step up my game too. I think this is all for now. Better get going with my Chemistry revision as everything gets rusty after 8 months.

 #OOTD #FirstDayToClass #KarenLifeJourney #NewChapterBegins

Ending this with
Happy Independence Day, Malaysia.
I love you no matter what because this is where my family is, where home is

Thanks for reading.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment