Thursday 26 March 2015

Should I?

Think Karen, think! I may have tens of drafts waiting for me to finish them but they might still need to be there for some time still. Deep inside, I don't think this post should be up for now but I need to pen this up. Just to reconsider and taking everything into consideration before making one big decision in my life.

Last Monday, I brought Xiao Ai to a groomer (half-groomer I would say as she's still learning) to have his very first professional grooming. Everyone here would know by now that we did our grooming ourselves as first, we don't have lots of grooming center here in KayTee and secondly, I don't trust the one and only groomer that I've known here because of her bad reputation. Why the hell would I sent my Xiao Ai to a person who receives bad feedbacks from the customers? She is known to injure dogs and have dogs being traumatized after their grooming session with her. Would I risk that all just for the sake of a few hours of my time? The answer is NO! I would rather groom Xiao Ai by myself. It makes me feel much relief even if I did injure him sometimes. The occurrence of that is 1%.



I stayed there through the whole entire grooming session. Call me a waste of time or whatever, I don't care. I just can't put my heart to calm down by leaving him there all by himself. As this is the first for me, it is also the first for him. Well, good part is that he seemed to enjoy himself a lot except probably the part where he needed to stand the whole two days. Yeap, two days of grooming. Is not that Xiao Ai is that dirty or messy. Since she's still learning, she took more time and paid for attention which is a good thing, I think. She did injure Xiao Ai a little on the foot during the nail cutting but the bleeding stopped after an hour.

The only bad thing about this groomer is that her time management. I'm not satisfied with that. We made an appointment on Mon which is the 22nd on 10 am and when we reached she actually asked us to wait another hour while she went out to get her breakfast. Same goes to the next day when we waited another 30 minutes for her to get her whatever things done. I hate the fact that the 'busybody' people nearby would stopped and stared at us. Not that I'm ashamed or anything but the fact that Xiao Ai did somehow noticed my frustrations and started barking at the walking strangers. I don't know how true is the fact that dogs can sense humans emotions, but I did notice sometimes when we walked past strangers and I got frustrated by them, Xiao Ai would eventually started to bark at them.

And also, for some unknown reasons, Xiao Ai hate motorcycles. He can't stand the sound coming from the vehicle and started to bark and run after them. We chatted a lot during the grooming session. From what I see, she is really passionate about dogs and particularly interested in show dogs. Those show dogs enthusiasts be warned coz I'm not in your circle. I don't give a damn about your shows nor the cert that comes with the dogs. I do aware that cert can proves many things like the dogs' line and whatsoever. Do I look like I care? No, I don't. My dogs need not the cert to prove them what they is. Why wouldn't I recognize the difference between a Great Dane and a Fila Brasileiro?


Just to clarify, I did every research on the dogs I decide to take in. And those research took me countless days and night and lots of reading just to make sure we have the right dogs. I'm not someone who simply went into a pet shop, saw a cute puppy and decided to buy it. I took everything into consideration and till now there is not a single moment that I've regretted having my two Great Danes and Xiao Ai in my life. Well, maybe except the time when Tiger was fighting for dominance with Xiao Ai. That time, I was like, "Shit! Why the hell do I decide to take Great Danes." Other than that, they are my pride and joy.

I do not need a cert to confirm whatever they are, or what line are they from. What I want is a purebred dogs. I'm not against mongrel but from my past experience with mongrel, I would not want a repetition of that to happen again. Pao Pei, our very first mongrel, was said to be a Poodle. That time, being young and foolish, we I took him in. The first few months was sweet. Him being a cute puppy and all. We all do fall in the charms of cute puppies. Things started to go downhill when I'm busy with my studies and him being neglected. It was a nightmare and a lesson for me to learn.

This particularly topic we're in is on Standard Poodle. There are not much Standard Poodle in Malaysia and to groom one, it was the groomer's pride. My pride is to have the one and only Standard Poodle in KayTee. We talked a lot on the breeds we have here in Malaysia and also I learnt a few useful tricks from her. The reason why I decide to sent Xiao Ai for grooming is due to the reason that his ear was being infected. It was so smelly and I'm so disappointed with myself for not realizing it earlier.

I kissed and played with Xiao Ai day and night and yet I don't see the signs. So angry with myself when I discovered his right ears were full with stink, yellowish liquid. Well, that happen before the holidays. So I decided to put his ear care on the hands of someone reliable. To date, his ears are much taken care of with daily inspections and care.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon an advertisement on Standard Poodle puppies for sale here in Malaysia. If you know, it is very rare to be stumble upon one. So I got into contact with the owner. She was selling for RM 1.8k. It was twice the amount we bought Xiao Ai. And that's not just it. I also realized that she is a breeder. She breeds lots of dogs. She has Great Danes puppies, Toy Poodle puppies etc. She gave me pictures of the sire and dam of the puppies when I asked for it but I'm still not sure about this.




 


I meant should I take in another Standard Poodle? Xiao Ai is great, loving and caring. He's perfect but another Standard Poodle means more grooming time and the fact that it's a puppy I need to train it. Yes, I may have another 5 months with the new puppy but I've decided to learn a few short courses in KL which will probably start next month. I do enjoyed training Xiao Ai because he's a fast learner. Is that the breed or the dog itself? But being the second cleverest dog breed, the new puppy that I'm still considering to take in will not be that bad.

We've been considering for a long time to mate Xiao Ai. We did actually fall in love with Standard Poodle and would love to have more of Xiao Ai. I've been thinking. If I am to find a female, I should probably not find the same breeder that I've got Xiao Ai from. Well the obvious reason would be that gene pool is too close and would probably result in mutations which we would not want to happen. If I do really want to find a mate for him, this particularly breeder is a better option. I just hate the fact that she's a breeder that breeds lots of dogs in her backyard. Can't see much of the conditions of dogs under her care but being a breeder that breeds a lot, her motive eventually is money.

I did a really big gamble with Xiao Ai. We left it all on the hands of the breeder to choose and decide for us. Thankfully, he's healthy till now and hope it remains forever. Please don't jinx it. I'm afraid to put everything to bet again. My inner thoughts are telling me to pass this one but I don't think another opportunity would come again. Lets just say, we take the puppy in and in another 5 years, we mated them. When the time comes, 5 puppies are born. Do I want to keep all this 5? Or do I want to sell them? To whom should I sell them too? These are all the questions that are lingering in my mind right now.

I shall rethink and rethink again. If I can stumbled upon 2 advertisement on Standard Poodle in the span of three years time, I bet with everything I have that there is more Standard Poodle out there than we know of. I think I'll pass this one for now. Hopefully, one day we will have a mate for Xiao Ai

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment